An incredibly innovative Software company, who are leading in their space, are looking for a Support Engineer to join their Global Customer Support Group based in Sheffield. Your role will be to analyse, reproduce and resolve the technical problems their customers encounter. In joining this team as a support engineer you’ll be providing support and consultation to some of the biggest names in the tech space worldwide.
To be brilliant at this position you’ll have previous experience of working in a support environment, a can-do attitude and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Analysing, reproducing, and resolving customer problems of varying complexity across our ALM and Big Data Products
- Providing consultation to customers, over the phone and online
- Maintaining SLAs and resolving time critical issues
- Documenting problems and defects and improving support processes using our Knowledge Base, bulletins and advisories
- Working with other teams, especially QA and Engineering, to get the best results
- Owning issues from start to end
- Delivering flexible 24/7 cover including weekend and out-of-hours support
Experience we would like to see:
- Systems administration skills for BOTH Unix/Linux and Windows servers including OS installation, VMWare virtual machines and LDAP servers (anyone without Unix/Linux will not be considered)
- Use of version control tools, such as SVN, Git and CVS
- The ability to lay out a root cause analysis documents
- The ability to write test plans to reproduce customer problems
- Team players who can also work on their own initiative
- An understanding of networking, both architectures and protocols
- The ability to multi-task
- Good English language skills, both written and spoken
In addition to an inclusive and forward-thinking work environment this opportunity offers superb benefits such as; unlimited paid holiday, private medical insurance and employer pension contribution of up to 4%, as well as excellent career progression opportunities.
If this sounds like the role for you, then we’d love to hear from you!
Affecto Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Agency in this instance and is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now
For full details, email Amber Peacock: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 401 0521.