Our Client, one of the UK's leading Professional Services firms, is looking for an experienced Solution Architect to join their rapidly expanding IT Department. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone from a Solution Architecture or Technical Design background to play a key role ensuring the IT Department achieves its commitments to the business.
You'll be responsible for the creation and delivery of solutions provided for the on-going improvement of all IT architecture to ensure it remains relevant and fit for purpose. As above, the successful candidate will come from a Solution Architect or Technical Design background and will have exceptional solution design, influencing, communication, management and organisational skills. The role is solutions focused but exposure to data, security, applications and infrastructure architectures and technologies is advantageous.
- Working primarily alongside other architects in the Strategy, Architecture & Engagement team, and engineering resources in the Development and Service Transition functions, the Solution Architect will formulate, design and maintain appropriate Solution Architecture Models, and feed into further developing the existing Governance Standards and Solutions.
- Lead design phases on Business IT programmes validating requirements and ensuring that all aspects of solution design are within scope, complete, and deliverable.
- Be responsible for the architecture of all solutions delivered to the business, both from internal and external suppliers. Where the architecture is externally delivered, the SA will perform a TDA role to ensure consistency of solutions and environment.
- Facilitate the handover from development and pilot into supported production, ensuring that appropriate documentation and support models are in place.
- Accountable for on-going Business Solution Integrity whilst assisting project managers to manage design dependencies and impacts of change to ensure the design is aligned to Target Operational and Architectural Models.
- Define and monitor solutions to ensure benefits are realised, highlighting when this is not the case and recommending alternative approaches to meet the desired business outcomes.
Key Skills and Experience Required Include;
- Experience of developing solutions within an Enterprise Architecture Framework working knowledge of and certification in an EA method e.g. TOGAF, Zachman.
- Leading IT due diligence phases with respects to Infrastructure architectures and solutions.
- Good knowledge and experience of best practice solutions delivery and the associated commercial and business issues. Demonstrable track record in the successful design and delivery of complex technical and service solutions.
- Strong communications skills and ability to produce high quality technical material. Ability to identify and develop opportunities to provide business benefit.
- Strong team working and experience of working and influencing across multi-disciplined teams, with good operational and people management skills.
- Ability to identify, quantify, mitigate and resolve risks.
- Experience of working within a number of development practices (waterfall and agile).
- Wide range of experience across multiple technologies is desirable.
- A background in Infrastructure is desirable. Covering virtualisation (VMware, MS Hypervisor, Azure etc); hosting; distributed computing; Citrix; Cisco networking; Microsoft Systems (e.g. Exchange, Sharepoint, System Centre, Forefront etc); storage solutions (SAN/NAS etc); LAN/WAN topologies and optimisation; backup and restore solutions; security (Network, application, identity).
Exciting Solution Architect Opportunities like this really don't come around that often, so if the above sounds like the challenge you're looking for We'd love to hear from you!
Your application will be reviewed by Affecto and unfortunately due to the high volume of applicants for every role advertised, if you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Affecto Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Agency in this instance and is an equal opportunities employerApply Now
For full details, email Amber Peacock: email@example.com or call 0114 401 0521.