Senior Software Developer / Technical Lead (PHP)
Our client, a large technology company in Sheffield, are looking to expand their successful development team with an experienced Senior Software Developer / Technical Lead. With offices in locations across the globe this is an exciting period of growth for the company.
The Senior Software Developer / Technical Lead is responsible for delivering quality software within deadline, and following department guidelines. You will also be responsible for reporting on progress and developments directly to the Platform Team Manager and liaising with the Project Management and Product Team.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- BS or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience as a Technical Lead within a Software Development team
- 5 years experience as a PHP Developer
- Track record of developing scalable web applications
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience with Laravel or similar MVC frameworks
- Experience developing RESTFul APIs
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Design Patterns (PHP)
- Experience with MySQL
- Strong command of a Linux based development environment
- Experience with version control systems (mercurial or git)
- Understanding of web related security issues
- Experience with managing a team of developers
Desirable experience and skills:
- Agile/SCRUM or Kanban
- RabbitMQ or similar queuing mechanisms
- Skilled at estimating tasks
- Memcache, or similar
- Apache, nginx or similar
- Xdebug and apache jmeter
- Have conducted code reviews
Opportunities like this Senior Software Developer / Technical Lead vacancy don't come around that often in Sheffield so if you are looking for a new challenge please apply below.
‘Your application for this role will be reviewed by Affecto and unfortunately due to the high volume of applicants for every role advertised, if you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Affecto Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Agency in this instance and is an equal opportunities employer.’Apply Now
For full details, email Kate Loach: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 401 0521.