Lead Project Manager
Affecto Recruitment is proud to be representing one of the region’s leading financial services organisations as they tackle a significant change portfolio. As part of this extremely exciting programme, we’re looking for an experienced Lead Project Manager to support and drive forward key business change and technical projects.
As the Lead Project Manager deployed on this exciting programme, you’ll be focused on delivering key business outcomes, ensuring that a wide range of business-critical assignments from telephony, software rollouts, and process optimisation, are delivered to time and budget. Another key facet of the role is to contribute to the continuous improvement of the change function, drawing on your experience and industry best practice to ensure delivery is as efficient and effective as it can be, including the line management and development of a team of talented Project Managers.
- Ensure the projects are appropriately funded, resourced, scheduled, and outcomes agreed, by the Head of Change / Portfolio Manager
- Develop and lead the project team to efficiently manage the delivery of the project as specified in the portfolio
- To effectively engage and manage all, including Board level, stakeholders
- To plan and co-ordinate the engagement of all project resources including business, technical, vendor and any other external resources
- To work closely with the Project Management Office to ensure that cross-project and programme interdependencies are identified and managed
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities
- Provide oversight and direction to employees in accordance with policies, procedures, standards and SLAs
- Hold regular one-to-ones with direct reports ensuring that feedback is provided in a constructive way whilst working with the employee to facilitate personal development
- Ensure that an effective performance review is operated in line with department guidelines, including setting objectives, personal development planning and performance standards with all direct reports
- Working with the Head of Change Delivery and HR Business Partner, develop a culture of performance management, improvement and appraisal as a foundation for excellent organisational performance
Skills & Experience
- Significant experience of project and large programme delivery in a portfolio environment
- Significant experience of traditional waterfall delivery in a structured change environment
- Leadership capabilities. Resource & Team Management Skills
- Worked in a demanding, fast-paced environment, preferably within the financial services sector. However, experience in Utilities, Commercial Healthcare or other corporate IT environments would be welcomed.
- Strong change management & planning skills
- Strong resource planning, estimating and budget management skills
- Experienced wide range of project scopes from technical to business change
- Professional project/programme management - Prince2 or PMP
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Agile (SCRUM) knowledge
This is a fantastic opportunity for an accomplished Lead Project Manager with a diverse portfolio of projects behind them, either looking for a route into Financial Services or equally a Lead Project Manager with a vast amount of experience in this space already.
Affecto Recruitment Ltd is acting as a Recruitment Agency in this instance and is an equal opportunities employer.
For full details, email Daniel Koseoglu: email@example.com or call 0114 401 0521.