Junior Network Engineer
My client, a leading IT business based in Sheffield are looking for a Junior Network Engineer to join their team. As a Network Engineer you’ll be responsible for the implementation, integration, maintenance and troubleshooting for both the new and existing IT Network.
Working under the Network Manager, you’ll be configuring and administering associated hardware and software, applying appropriate security measures across the IT Network, across LAN, WAN, VPN connectivity.
- Managing, maintaining and administering multiple LANs, VLANs, WANs, and VPNs
- Develop and maintain router related standards, policies and procedures
- Install, configure and manage the company’s Remote Access gateway
- Manage, maintain, administer and troubleshoot instances of company’s DMZ’s
- Drive performance and reliably from internal software, network and cloud environments
- Continuously monitor the IT Network requirements, to ensure that the network can consistently provide optimum service to the business
To be considered for this position you will need the following;
- Excellent attention to detail
- Genuine passion for all things Network
- Deep knowledge of network hardware, Cisco, HP and Fort iGATE
- Good analytical, problems solving and decision making
- Relevant Cisco / HP certifications – CCNA and working towards CCNP would be beneficial
- Able to work proactively
- Past Network Experience
This is a great opportunity to join a thriving business with great prospects for progression. If this sounds like something that would be of interest, we’d love to hear from you!
Your application for this Network Engineer vacancy will be reviewed by Affecto and due to the high volume of applicants for every role advertised, if you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Affecto Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Agency in this instance and is an equal opportunities employer.
For full details, email Amber Peacock: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 401 0521.